Ensemble Learning is a national organization committed to fixing inequities in the education system by improving how schools serve English learners.
We believe it takes an ensemble of talented people – from peer educators to technical assistance providers to content experts – to boost academics and create a healthy school culture. Ensemble Learning brings these individuals together to support schools so they can better serve student
Director of Equity for English Learners
What will you do?
- Develop and lead high-quality and engaging professional development to build schools’ capacity and improve practices focused on English learners
- Work closely with the Ensemble Learning team and partners to identify needs, evaluate school data, and create learning experiences
- Build authentic and supportive relationships with participants
- Facilitate virtual and in-person cohort meetings
- Acquire expertise in the Learning While Leading (LWL) program and support leadership capacity-building based on LWL principles.
- Help partners develop master plans and programs to better serve English leaners and meet compliance requirements
- Coach CMO and district-level leads on how to better meet the needs of English learners and close the achievement gap
Where is the job located?
Ensemble Learning is a fully remote team based in California. You will work from home, but the preferred location for this role is California or Texas.
How much travel is required for the role?
As a response to COVID-19, Ensemble has shifted its work to a virtual model; however, travel will be required in the future when deemed safe and will be aligned with the best practices and advice from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Future travel will involve visiting school sites and project partners.
What are the requirements for this role?
The successful candidate will have recent, direct experience with EL instruction, high-quality presentation skills , and a strong English learning related credentials with demonstrable experience delivering effective adult learning experiences. Other qualifications include:
- Strong background in English learner coursework and experience working directly with English learners, ideally in a leadership role
- Five years teaching experience
- Advanced degree, ideally at least a Master’s in Education
- Experience facilitating groups of adult learners and building community amount disparate teams
- Ability to present information virtually and in-person in a way that is both effective and engaging
- Knowledge of and experience with effective instruction and assessment, particularly with English learners
- Flexible team-player with the ability to work positively and cooperatively with others.
What is the salary for this role?
The annual salary is commensurate with experience plus benefits. Benefits include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, and discretionary time off. Ensemble Learning provides $1,500/month towards health benefits for its employees as well as their spouses, domestic partners, and children. Ensemble Learning matches employee retirement contributions up to 5% of an employee’s salary.
What is the start date for this role?
When is the application deadline?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For full consideration, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should address exactly how your skills and education can support our work with English Learners.
Ensemble Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employee.